- The PL-2000 Low Transmitter has 3.0 watts power output in the Direct Connection Mode, allowing locates for much longer distances than the lower power typical in other transmitters.
- The light-weight, balanced PL-2000 Receiver, offers 4 different operating modes: “Peak” mode, for the most accurate locates and for depth measurement; “Null” mode, for fast, easy tracking; “Dist” mode, for even longer distances; “Sonde” mode, for locating sewer sondes and measuring their depths.
- The PL-2000 has 3 “active” frequencies at 512 Hz, 8.125 kHz, and 26.725kHz; plus 2 “passive” frequencies at 50/60 Hz (current flowing A/C) and Radio (15 khz – 25 kHz).
- Simultaneously transmit all 8.125 kHz, 26.725 kHz, and .5kHz in the “Mix” mode in the Transmitter.
- Detects poor “ground” conductivity at the Transmitter in the Direct Connection operating mode.
- Current measurement in the depth function indicates if the measured depths are correct for congested utilities.
- “Auto Off” functions in both the Transmitter and Receiver shut off their operations after a set time period if they are accidentally left “On”.